Think you’ve got the gumption to be a Cowperson?
We’re always on the lookout for great folks to make, monger and manage our cheese. See our current job openings below.
CURRENT OPEN POSITIONS
Cheesemonger and Counter Staff at Point Reyes Station
Join our retail team at Cowgirl Creamery, a fast growing company with a great crew!
Cowgirl Creamery in Point Reyes Station is currently seeking qualified counter staff. We are based in Cowgirl Creamery's original home, a restored barn situated in the middle of West Marin. Visitors watch the cheesemakers produce award winning cheese, taste artisanal cheeses from across the US and Europe and enjoy the delicious cuisine featuring local producers. Our goal is to promote the connection of food to local family farms.
Responsible for participating in the smooth, friendly and efficient operation of the Cantina and Cheese Shop as directed by the shop manager and shift supervisors, while upholding high standards of customer service and maintaining proper care and display of cheese and prepared foods and drinks.
1. Upholds high standards of customer service through every encounter, including greeting every guest, educating them about artisan food and helping them in a quick and friendly manner.
2. Maintains clean and full displays of foods and retail products.
3. Learns working knowledge of coffee bar equipment, grinder, espresso machine, cold brew coffee, and how to properly use and maintain it.
4. Participates in sandwich wrapping, food and cold beverage preparation and serving.
5. Maintains clean and safe work environment in shop, behind the counter, in the kitchen and walk-in.
6. Rings up purchases on the POS efficiently and accurately.
7. Performs opening, closing, restocking and inventory duties.
8. Assists wholesale customers with cheese selection and pick-ups.
9. Participates in the spirit of teamwork and cooperation.
10. Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
The ideal candidates will have a passion for great food, a great attitude; enjoy working in a fast paced environment, and have great customer service skills.
We are looking for a range of availabilities, from part to full-time. Weekend and holiday availability are a must. Immediate availability is a plus.
Cowgirl Creamery offers health and dental insurance, 401K, and paid time off. Starting salary $13 or DOE.
If you are interested in joining our great team, please respond with a cover letter, resume and 2 references to email@example.com
Thank You -- We look forward to hearing from you!!
Cheesemonger at Cowgirl Creamery's Artisan Cheese at San Francisco's Ferry Building
As an employee of the shop you are responsible for participating in the smooth, friendly and efficient operation of the store as directed by the shop managers and designated shift supervisors, while upholding high standards of customer service and maintaining proper care and display of cheese.
About Us: We are a home-grown company that's growing rapidly. Our growth and popularity mean lots of opportunities for advancement. We provide our employees with a continuous learning environment where they enrich their understanding of food through training and exposure to our producer partners and their products. Nestled in the heart of the Ferry Building, we are a destination spot, where you can enjoy the bounty of the CUESA farmer's market right outside our doors.
About You: The ideal candidates will have a great attitude; enjoy working in a fast paced environment, great customer service skills and a passion for cheese, dairy and great food. This is a small space, so organization, cleanliness and economy of movement are important. This position is high profile with extensive customer contact so you must be a people person and fluent in English.
We are looking for a range of availabilities, from part to full-time. We are looking to develop lasting partnerships with our staff -- and so request a minimum six month commitment.
Physical Requirements: Lifting up to 50 pounds, reaching and bending , pulling with use of cheese wire and cutting with cheese knives, standing, turning, bending through 8 hour shift, maneuver carts with up to 400 pounds of cheese/products, sufficient mobility to kneel, bend, reach, twist and move about to handle retail/merchandise stocking, potentially working in 40 degree (F) refrigerator for extended periods, standing/walking through 8 hour shifts with standard breaks provided.
Benefits: Starting wage $13/hour or DOE. After an initial 90 day trial period, all employees begin to accrue PTO. After 90 days full time employees are eligible to participate in our Kaiser Permanente health care program which also includes a basic dental package. After 1000 hours worked, full time employees are eligible for 401K. Benefits also include a discount on cheese.
How to Apply: Respond with resume, cover letter and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org
We apologize that we cannot respond to every applicant.
Based at: Tomales Bay Foods, Petaluma California
We are looking for a motivated and organized individual who eats great cheese and has what it takes to sell it. We service customers nationally including fabulous chefs and restaurants, cutting-edge retailers, wineries and caterers. We offer small production artisan cheese and accompaniments with a focus on American Producers. Our goal is to build a sustainable future for artisan cheese makers and their community. This position requires extensive customer phone and email contact. Brimming enthusiasm is a plus.
• Matches the right cheese with the right customer!
• Builds long-term sales and customer loyalty.
• Provides knowledgeable, enthusiastic and efficient service.
• Works closely with sales and warehouse team with inherent accuracy and urgency.
• Upholds high standards of customer service through every encounter.
• Generates sales orders and invoices accurately and efficiently.
• Participates in the spirit of teamwork and cooperation.
• Professional communication
• Multi-tasking without sacrificing speed or accuracy
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Energetic and efficient
• Detail-oriented, deadline driven
• Experience with Microsoft Office and competent in PC use
• QuickBooks experience
• Experience in pairing cheese with beer and wine
• Experience in selling cheese
• Cooperative team player
• Fluent in English
• Supervisory experience an asset
Physical Requirements of the job:
• Working both in office at desk (75%) and warehouse-on your feet (25%)
• Ability to lift 50 pounds
• Ability to work in 41 degree walk in for short periods of time
• Ability to move quickly in crowded environment
• Ability to use computer keyboard and phones for 6+ hrs. day
The ideal candidates will enjoy working in a fast paced environment, have great customer service, a sense of humor and appreciate success through teamwork.
Hours are Monday through Friday 7:30 am to 4:00 pm.
Please respond by EMAIL ONLY to email@example.com, with everything embedded in the email or attached as a PDF with TOMALES BAY FOOD CHEESE SALES in the subject line.
Please include cover letter, resume and 2 references.
Benefits: Health + Dental insurance,
401K, Paid Time Off,
Participating in a socially and environmentally conscious company committed to sustainable agriculture and organic production.